Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pastry Profiles Store

The other day I had to make some pastries for my daughters Ballet reception. I had to go and do some shopping. Well, this proved to be more challenging than I had expected. I could not find a good white chocolate, dark chocolate, gelatin sheets or transfer sheets. I was immediately reminded of all the times my students ask me where they can find the products that we use at school. I usually don't have a great answer for them because I've been buying from purveyors for most of my adult life. I had thought about this dilemma in the past but this weekend really brought home the fact that some items are just not that available. I must admit that I had been throwing the idea of starting a store on the Pastry Profiles site for at least a year but after lots of thought and considerations I have decided to go ahead with it.We will be opening a store at the Pastry Profiles site. Not for people that need 25 pounds of chocolate or fondant but for those who need a couple of pounds and can't find it elsewhere. We will also be carrying some specialty molds and books to try to cover all your pastry needs. So you heard it here first. The store is in the works and we hope to be open in three or four weeks. Please let me know if there may be an item that the Pastry Profiles store should carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment